Thursday, December 3, 2009

Chapter Two

The "good times", I remember those days. We used to be a family. Dad would be working at the fire station in San Francisco and Mom would be home with me and my two brothers, Ronald and Stan. Mom always did something out of the ordinary for us to make our days pass when Dad wasn't home. She would take us on day trips and tell us all the history and knowledge that she knew so we could learn. She always wanted us to learn something. I remember when she took us to China Town and we drove through and she told us everything she knew. When we got home she made it all come to life. She decorated with lanterns and played music from the Orient, she also made us an exotic meal while dressed in her kimono, and it was an unforgettable experience. I miss those days. When Dad was home we would sometimes venture out and spend days together as a family. My favorite place was the Russian River. We would stay in our cabin and watch the sunsets with Mom and Dad. I learned how to swim on my back there, thanks to Mom. Our picnics were so much fun; I would do anything to get them back. We would play for hours at the park and then when it was time to eat we would eat so fast we could barely taste it and then go back to playing. Mom and Dad would just lie next to each other and drink whine while we played, they liked that. I enjoyed waking up everyday, especially around the holidays. Our house had so much spirit and life in it you couldn't help but to enjoy being there. At Christmas the house would have ornaments hanging from the ceiling and lights would trim our windows. We would drive around and admire everybody else's holiday spirit too. The presents would multiply from the time the tree was up until Christmas, it was amazing.I don't know what happened to those days but I would do anything to have them back. I wake up in the morning and think to myself maybe my life now is just a dream and maybe I'll be a part of this family again.

2 comments:

  1. Hey David....Its Ronald. I remember those days to. It sucks that mom turned out like this. I wish dad never left.Im glad you got away from this hopefully one day we can reunit.
    Love, Ronald

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Son. I wish that I could have been around for some of those trips. I'm sure that your mother made them fun. I hope you learned a lot too.

    Love,
    your father

    ReplyDelete